In the context of the horizontal priority regarding social inclusion , and also of the national priority in adult education for “improving and extending the supply of high quality learning opportunities tailored to the needs of individual low-skilled adults”, the project Word of Emotions tackles the situation of a disadvantaged category: the adults who care for children that have emotional problems (a situation especially within the families where the parents leave abroad to work and leave their children at home as in Romania- 300 000 persons ,Turkey-1mil.) but also the mono parental (as in Sweden,Italy,Spain) disorganised, conflictual, (where parents use violent methods for educate the children as in Romania where violence rate is 30% and in Turkey 40%.
As the problems regarding the social-emotional adjustment of children manifest in serious forms in all partners countries (violence, stress, school dropout, even suicide as in Sweden, Romania, Turkey, Italy) and also affect to a great extent (affectively, socially)the adults that care for them (parents, tutors) and solving them requires complex educational solutions, this project sets out to respond to these needs concerning the development of competences (emotion control, communicational, pedagogical, intercultural) of adults, but also improve the quality life and social inclusion for all these persons in risk of social exclusion.
- The staff from educational and training centres for adults or social assistance, ONGs, kindergartens, municipalities, etc) that educate/train adults that care for preschool and primary school children that have emotional problems parents, tutors).
The project addresses to needs:
– improve of staff competences regarding the education of adults who care for children with emotional problems concerning emotional intelligence education and to help these adults to face difficulties to manage their own emotional states;
– using innovative non-formal methods for adults who care for children with emotional problem;
– creation of materials & tools for be used to educate/ train adults who care for children with emotional problems;
– knowing the best EU practices in the field;
- Adults who care for/educate preschool and primary school children with emotional problems (parents or tutors of children that have their parents left abroad or come from single-parent, conflictual, disorganized or migrants families, or they are cared for by foster families).
The project addresses to needs:
– improvement of competences for control their emotion and educate/care for children with emotional problem;
– development of competences (pedagogical, empathic, intercultural, etc) to face difficulties for care their kids;
– to improve the quality life and social inclusion for all these persons, especially for families and individuals in risk of social exclusion;
This way, Word of Emotions project wants to help those persons who care for children with emotional problems and to give them a fair and high quality education, responding to their education needs in this field.
The project starts from the needs of institutions:
– internationalization and improvement of their professional standards and EU dimension;
– improvement of education/training offered by the institutions with new methods and courses for adults who care for/educate children with emotional problems;
– development of capacity of international collaboration and management of EU projects;
- to improve the competencies of staff to provide education/training for adults who care for educate preschool and primary school children with emotional problems concerning emotional intelligence education and to help these adults to face difficulties to manage their own emotional states;
- to increase competencies of staff to provide support for adults who care for preschool and primary school children with emotional problems by using/creating innovative non-formal methods and tools to be used for develop emotional intelligence and improve quality life of adults who care for children with emotional problems;
- enhancing the adults target group competencies (emotion control, pedagogical, empathic, intercultural) for educate/care children with emotional problem with a view to be able to face difficulties and to be able to intervene efficiently to improve their ability to emotional adjustment and social inclusion;
- increasement of life quality and social support for adults who care for children with emotional problem for improve their life and social inclusion.